Thursday, April 29, 2010

Why Do I Love Thee?

As I sit here typing this, my husband of 10 years and boyfriend of almost 20, sits next to me "discussing" politics; a conversation started by my previous post. The things that he is saying and writing are making me wonder. Wonder how two people SOOOO far apart on so many things can come together and have such a fantastic life!

We agree on almost NOTHING socially, I guess it is a good thing we can find some common ground on fiscal issues(money always talks louder:) It is odd to me that for two people that grew up so close to each other, we have such different opinions. I know mine have changed since we have met as I was 15 at the time with very limited life experiences. I wish I could remember back to when we met, what common ground we found...maybe it was just the sex!LOL! Whatever it was I am glad we found it and have continued to for so long.

I wonder what opinions are children will hold as they grow and of course I hope that it is true and kids tend to follow their mothers beliefs:-) But even if they go their own way or even worse their father's way, I hope that they see how very luck I am to have such a wonderful partner in life. A very misguided politically partner, but wonderful in every other way!

1 comment:

BLAZER PROPHET said...

I like it when two people can disagree on subjects, but remain in love and loyal to each other. To me, it tells me that the human spirit and those bonds that hold couples together are stronger than things like politics- maybe even stronger than sports, but I dunno............