Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Ah...

"I can only control my actions and my thoughts. I have no control over how others live their lives". This is what I have been trying to remember. It is not as easy as I hoped it would be. With so many other people in my life, it is hard to only be able to control such a small part of it. Leaving so many "things" in the hands of others is not coming easy to me, but I know that this is something I need to do before I can find inner peace. Understanding that I am powerless over others and responsible only for myself, while still trying to change the world is hard! Maybe that sentence says it all, maybe I need to fully change myself before I can make changes in the world. Maybe I need to know where I am going and what I am looking for.

What am I looking for? To put it simply, I am looking for a calm. A peacefulness within myself. An understanding that I am doing all I can to live a happy, meaningful and productive life. I will keep working on it!

1 comment:

G. said...

I would like to find that calm. I am a lot like you in that I like to feel in control. It's scary to think that we are the only ones we can control.