Saturday, June 5, 2010

Who is to Blame?

Let me start by saying that I am no longer Blaming President Obama for causing the oil spill, just the inability to stop it and clean it up. And I know that it may seem irrational to place the blame there, he is the President and the damage being done goes beyond anything I have ever seen and the effects on the ecosystem and economy because of this will be long lasting. That is why I blame him. I want him to reach-out and beg,plead,bribe or whatever it takes to get someone to find a fix to this disaster. There has to be someone out there hiding at Standford or MIT or somewhere that can come up with a way to plug the hole or turn oil into water or something crazy like that. So, is it fair to place the blame on the president, no, but when you're the "boss" the buck stops with you and so it lays at his feet.

This week my 7 year old wrote a letter to BP and President Obama. She started her letter by saying that she was "speaking for the animals who cannot speak, but need help", she was so sad for the animals and I don't feel that I can truthfully tell her that everyone is doing their best to fix the problem.

An A+ effort is all I am asking for. I just want to be able to tell my daughter that EVERYONE is doing their very best to fix this mess!

1 comment:

Slakk said...

Seems everyone wants to blame Obama for everything. Especially things he had nothing to do with.

BP screwed this up.

Go read my friend Mikkey Finn's blog and find his link to a Google timeline showing that the U.S. was there immediately and the administration was there from day one.

The problem is the allowing of deep water wells to be drilled without a relief well. All other countries in the world require two relief wells be dug at the same time the main well is dug to avoid such a disaster. Policy that was written under Bush 1 and continued through Bush II allowed this type of drilling to go on.

Where are the chants of Drill Baby Drill at now?
I remember all them Gulf Coast people with their Drill Baby Drill Pickets...now they are recycling them into boycott BP pickets.

There is no easy fix. Oil and water do not mix. The chemical "top kill" you eluded too is toxic and doesn't really break down the oil at all or change it. It just clumps it up. There is no easy solution, thats why this is such a disaster. BP f'd up, not Obama.
People gotta pick a spot and land!
---

Good job for your daughter!
I applaud that.