Tuesday, June 15, 2010

My Old Blue Chair,,,

I used to think that if I were to be happy with "contentment" it would mean that I was not putting all I could into making my life the fullest it could be. I no longer believe that. I now think that to be content means that I am comfortable where I am and who I am in my life and I am on a journey,hunt,search for "contentment".

I have been trying for sometime to void my life of "negative". Negative thoughts, friendships, people, situations any negative I can control, I am working to oust from my life. This is not an easy task for me. I spend way to much of my time entertaining the negative through gossip, thoughts, stress, people in my life, too many ways to count. I am going to keep trying. I am going to keep trying until I get it right.


Hopefully, I will find my Old Blue Chair soon:)

3 comments:

The Walsh's said...

Sometimes negative is there to shape us....it isn't always bad...maybe not fun to deal with but in the end if we are better for it...Then it was worth it!

Megan said...

Dude I can't disagree with the Walsh's enough! Negative people, place or events NEVER shape us! Emily that is just one more person trying to bring down the happy house. The minute you have a positive thing to say look around at what other people are saying and if the word or vibe is negative weed them out! Feel bad for the Walsh's for the fact that a minute after reading such a positive post she come back with a negative comment. Always have your guard up for the energy vampires hate people who are happy! Well done Em! Keep up the positive outlook and thanks for such a positive post!!!

The Walsh's said...

Funny that my post was not meant to be negative at all...It was simply another look at the situation...Life is not this land of unicorns and rainbows and gumdrops...It isn't perfect. However, with the right attitude and focus on what is really important here you can live with those people or situations that may be draining...am I saying stay in an unhealthy relationship or situation to your own detriment...absolutely not. We all like to be "happy" but life isn't always "happy" and the more you try to control that instead of letting our Creator control what happens and control what choices we make you can miss out on a lot of opportunity. So Emily if you took my first post as Negative...Sorry...and I am quite sure "That Girl" will sure see this one as totally negative...So be it...