Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Still I Wonder...

What in the world makes people behave the way they do? Are there really that many people out there with NO Social Skills?

For most of my adult life, I have been made fun of because I'm from Jersey. And ya know people from Jersey are...well, you know the stereo-types loud, big-hair, rude, pushy, foul-mouthed, really we could go on for awhile. While all of those things may be true, I for one, am aware of my company and act appropriately. While I did have dinner at the White House in Flip-Flops, I never uttered a foul word within those walls:) Because there is a time and place for manners and I actually do know when that is.

While you may think I "say-it-like-it-is" I really don't and again, this is because I actually DO have social skills and know that telling someone that they are fat, ugly, stupid is just not something polite people do. Oh, I think it just like everyone else, but common decency calls for some control over ones thoughts ALWAYS come out of ones mouth! And sometimes I do say it, but I KNOW what I am saying when I say it!

I know that I complain about this often, but I am just so blown-away by peoples actions and statements, that I have to keep reminding myself that people from New Jersey are often criticized for their lack of class, and that might be true, but I sure as hell know when I am being classless and rude. So, I am of the belief that having the intelligence to understand that I am being rude is better than you being to stupid to see that you are rude!

1 comment:

G. said...

It's pretty ridiculous and quite a generalization to say that everyone from a certain region has the same attributes.

Anyone can be classless and rude if they have no "home training." LOL!

We Marylanders (especially those of us from the Baltimore area) are also targets for those who like to poke fun. The stereotypes hold a little truth, but you can't judge people based on that.