Monday, July 5, 2010

Big Orange Ball & Other Stuff

I had a "moment" this weekend while visiting my in-laws at the Jersey Shore. I always want to love coming home, but with my parents gone, it feels less and less like home everytime I come. That is not to say that I do not consider myself a Jersey Girl through and through, just that I am a Jersey Girl that has had to relocate to Northern Virginia and is no longer "home" in NJ. I love the person NJ has made me, but now I have to carry that with me to my "home" In VA. But I digress, let me get back to my "moment".

Everytime I come to NJ, I swear I am going to set my alarm to get up and head to the beach to watch the sunrise, but I never do it. Well, almost never. This time I did! It is the first time in over 20 years that I have actually gotten out of bed and made it up there to watch. Now I cannot believe that it has been so long since I have seen it, I even went back a second time while in NJ!

And I know that I over analyze everything, and this is not going to be any different, but something really changed in me on Friday morning as I watched the sun being pulled from the horizon. I really felt that there something "new" starting in my life. I hope whatever it is will be as good as the sunrise that began it.

No comments: