Friday, July 9, 2010

What's Good?

Ya know what's good? Having a partner for the past 20 years that still "gets where you're coming from". That is right, 20 years. Last Friday, July 2, 2010, Ben and I celebrated 20 years together. I feel so fortunate to have had him in my life for so long. Through the past 20 years we have had ups and downs, but never have I thought he would not be there for me. And let me tell ya, the fact that he has made it through 20 years of ME, is amazing! He deserves some sort of award for that:)

I know that I am not the easiest person to be in a relationship with. I jump from topic to topic, I am very stubborn, and I hold a grudge like nobody's business. That has not scared him off! He has always stuck by me. He is even willing, as he has proven again over the past two days, to allow me to be me and deal with things in my crazy, sometimes self destructive ways. And when I am done, he is always there to help me clean-up the mess. Most of the time with very little "I told you so's".

He doesn't even flinch anymore when I start bringing things up that happened 15 years ago when we fight:) He just goes with it. Sometimes with the same defensive, other time I swear he just changes his position to see what happens:) Nonetheless, after 20 years he is still with me to have the fight:)

It is an unbelievable reality to know that for the past 20 years of my life I have been with someone so perfect for me! Thanks Ben Fallon for being the best partner I could ever have! You Rock! I LOVE YOU!

1 comment:

Slakk said...

Congrats!

Here's to 20 more!

(glug glug)