Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Truth & Peace?

I wish I could say all the things I want to, with no regard for others. No cares of how they will react. Too bad if they get angry or sad by what I say or write, it would be out of my brain and I could move on to other things. However, I still cannot bring myself to care so little about others to speak without regard for them no matter how freeing I may think it will be.

I recently read that when you are true with yourself and know your thoughts to be true, you should have no hesitation in speaking your thoughts, for if they are true you should feel peace when saying them. Thing is, I am not much luck with this. Oh, trust me when I tell you that I have been speaking my mind, but there is no peace to be found. I am managing to upset and anger many around me:) Maybe the people around me are not ready for the peace truth can bring!LOL! That is it! That is what I will go with.

So, here I go with honest and not hurtful; I very much enjoyed spending a few days with my nephew, Max who made me smile every time I picked him up. He made everything else leave my mind when he smiled. I wish life were always that good! I also appreciate my SIL driving down and suffering through a few restless nights so that I could see Max:)

I am happy that my kids got to spend time with their favorite playmate and cousin, Angie at the pool & the boardwalk. Thanks Billy & Kelly for that! And thanks to my in-laws for allowing us to completely trash their house for 5 days.

Ah, better already. Honest but not hurtful:)

2 comments:

Tribe Mama said...

Honest, truthful and safe. Good choice.

Anisha Jaiswal said...

Aaaahhh ok being honest and not being hurtful at the same time sounds like a hypothetical situation to me (IMO).
I mean seriously, very less of us people of today are sooo saintly not even think the slightest of mean thing for others, but that doesn't mean we dont care for or love them . But if we start to go around telling everyone how EXACTLY we felt about a certain situation or about a certain person at a certain moment then we are BOUND to hurt some feelings! and if we continue he saintly routine we might also strain some ties.

So being truthful and honest ALL the time, in my opinion, may not be that healthy also :P