Thursday, July 29, 2010

I Need To Vent...Proceed With Caution

I want to vent about my parenting and the annoyance I am feeling from other people who "disapprove" of how and what I do. To start, I do not claim to be the-best-mother-in-the-world, if their is such a thing, but I think I am a pretty descent mother.

So, I yell. Mostly just as a tone of voice, but I yell. And I curse(ALOT:), but because it occurs often and in daily conversation, my children are not offended by it nor do they think twice unless someone brings it to their attention. And another thing I don't do well is keep a schedule. I hate them! I avoid them at all cost! I know lots and lots of people that think this is crazy, but it works(most of the time) for me. I could continue to list ALL the things I could do better, but you get the point.

The thing is, what I do or do not do is really not the point. What is the point is that my children are well cared for, loved and nurtured as I see fit. I am sorry if my yell or cursing is over heard by your child and you have to explain it, but sometimes I have to explain things we don't do to my children; for example, why do people where "funny" clothes or go to church all the time. And why does so and so's mom never cook, what does that kid only speak Spanish. Whatever the case, my point is that you raise your kids and I will raise mine and keep your judgments to yourself!