Tuesday, July 20, 2010

I am very affected by the people and things around me. If one of my kids is sad, it makes me sad. If a friend has marriage problems, I feel them. Stress, anxiety, discontent, I suck-it-all-up! Well, right now, there are ALOT of people around me(friends, family, random people I know) that are really struggling and it is making me very uneasy. I want to be able to fix something for someone. There is nothing for me to do, but pray for them and hope that things will work out in the end.

That has caused another issue for me, the praying that is. I never seen myself as a prayer as I am not sure I believe in "god" and if I do, I am not sure what form "god" has taken for me. What I have decided in the past few weeks is that I do pray. I am not sure to whom I pray, but I pray. I express my hopes and dreams for myself and others and I put them out there and hope someone, some "god" hears them.

Maybe this is my first step in finding my way to a religion, finally allowing myself to pray. To hope that maybe there is something out there guiding my life. Or maybe not, but expressing my hopes and dreams and releasing them is helpful for me right now.

No comments: