Thursday, July 8, 2010

It's Over

After several months of stress and contemplation, I left my position on the PTO Board effective today! What a weight to have lifted from my shoulders. I would like to say that I found it to be a experience a positive one, but I cannot. What I can say is that I am disappointed in the people I served with on the board. For the most part I never felt welcome by them, nor did I ever feel that change was something they were willing to entertain and with that as my main goal, it was not a good fit.

I would liken this experience to poking oneself in the eye with a sharp stick. It hurt, yet I was never smart enough to stop poking!LOL! How F*cking stupid am I! For months and months I sat there and made excuses, today I finally got-it! I now see that inviting me to the Board was a means to an end. A hope that I could be kept busy and under controlled, okay maybe not under controlled, but watched. Now I am done though.

Now that I am done I will focus on MY Monsters, my school work & my family. I have time to focus on the things that are really important for people that actually appreciate what I do and the time I put into making their lives better.

I will try now not to be the mean and vindictive bitch that I have been know to be. I am not sure how well that will work, but it was worth the thought:)

1 comment:

Tribe Mama said...

Well you know my feelings on this and I am happy that you made a decision that was based on your needs for a change rather than everyone else's.